Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Junior Seau Found Dead

Former Chargers linebacker Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday morning from an apparent suicide. Seau’s girlfriend called 911 at 9:35 a.m. A handgun was found near his body, and police are investigating the death as a suicide. No suicide note has been found.

Seau's mother, still visibly shaken, addressed reporters in front of the house where her son was found. Seau’s mother, Luisa Seau, sobbed in front of reporters as she cried loudly, “Junior! Why didn’t you tell me you were going?” “I don’t understand, I don’t know anything,” his mother said. “I’m shocked. I appreciate everyone, show your love to my son.”

Donte Stallworth was interviewed on ESPN on Wednesday and added his view of the life of Junior Seau.“You always looked at Junior as a very happy person,” Stallworth said. “He was always making people laugh. All the time. That’s what Junior will always be remembered for.”

Junior Seau is a name that I remember from my childhood. He was a beast of a football player, and in total played in the NFL for 20 seasons. Seau was named to 12 Pro Bowl teams and 10 All-Pro teams, was on the All-Decade team for the 1990s, and is in the Chargers’ Hall of Fame.  He will undoubtably be voted into Canton the first year he is elegible, which is in 2015.

(Video from local Union Tribune San Diego)






Junior Seau Highlights


No comments:

Post a Comment